17 October 2011

Lee's view on the Gloucester City game

Gloucester City  7  Truro City  2, 

FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round

"I am bitterly disappointed and frustrated and must apologise to the fans.  Once Gloucester had gone 4-2 up, we collapsed.  Some of the players just gave up and that is not acceptable.  I have never been involved in a game where we have just given up like that before.

"At 3-1 I felt we could possibly still get something, and for the first 15 minutes of the second half we created chance after chance and we were unfortunate not to get back in it.  I felt Andy Watkins had done ever so well up front and we had caused them a lot of problems.

"But we defend as a team and we attack as a team and at the moment we are doing neither.  I would like to make changes, but that's the difficult thing - I haven't got enough personnel to bring into the team and as we all know the present situation prevents me from making new signings.  Hopefully, the club will turn the corner soon and we can start moving in the right direction again."

No comments:

Post a Comment