12 March 2014

STEVE MASSEY LEAVES TRURO CITY

            
On Tuesday afternoon I had a lengthy telephone conversation with Steve whereby we discussed a number of items in particular our current 19th league position and recent matches.

I explained that I felt the existing management had taken the team as far as it could and there was a need for change now if Truro City is going to make a serious challenge to win the League next season and gain promotion back into the Conference South and beyond.

Steve was given an option to remain at the Club in an alternative more passive position which I thought would be beneficial to Steve and Truro City. This offer was not accepted and I must respect that decision.

Therefore Steve Massey and his immediate management team Graham Kirkup and Glynn Hooper have now left the Club.

It’s a sad day for me, Philip and all at Truro City Football Club but I honestly feel the timing is right for all parties and Steve leaves with his head held high in the knowledge that Truro City Football Club is in a better place now than it was eighteen month ago and for that we all owe Steve our gratitude for the part he has played. I am sure that I speak for all of us when I wish him all the very best for the future. I am confident Steve will emerge again in football somewhere in the southwest.

Moving forward the bumpy journey continues we have ten tough matches left to play this season and 30 points to win. Truro City are not mathematically safe from relegation at this time and nothing must be taken for granted, therefore we must concentrate now on gaining points and building the foundations for next season to fulfil all of our ambitions.

It is times like this when the true supporters of Truro City are at their very best I would now ask you all to play the 12th man as together we can truly achieve success on the pitch in a sustainable manner. A further statement will be released on the managerial position in due course

Peter Masters
Chairman
Truro City Football Club

No comments:

Post a Comment