15 September 2016

Truro City 0 Poole Town 0

City stretched their unbeaten National League South run to three games, but will have felt they should have taken all three points.
They had the better of the chances against their high-flying visitors and on another night would have come out on top.
But the draw took them a place up the table to 16th and five points clear of the relegation zone.


City boss Lee Hodges named an unchanged side for the third successive game for their last home league match until Dartford visit on October 8.
Thankfully the torrential rain, which was accompanied by thunder and lightning, eased before the kick before stopping all together for the crowd of just over 300.
The game began slowly, with neither keeper really tested in the opening 20 minutes, though there were promising signs for City with Ryan Brett prominent, though the final killer pass proved elusive.
After Luke Roberts shot well wide for the visitors, Niall Thompson had an effort easily held by Poole keeper Nick Hutchings.
The best chance of the half fell to City after 27 minutes, when Hutchings could not hold onto Thompson's low cross from the right, but Rocky Neal's close range effort was deflected over for a corner.
That was the closest either side got, though Neal did find the net just before the break, but Thompson had already run the ball out of play.
The main Poole threat came from free kicks, but City's defence looked very solid as the half ended goalless.
Truro began the second half well, with the influential Ollie Knowles finding Thompson down the right.
His shot from a difficult angle was parried by Hutchings, with Cooke's follow up strike cleared off the line.
For Poole, on loan AFC Bournemouth striker Sam Surridge was just wide with a curling free-kick, but it was a rare threat from the visitors.
City continued to press, with Cooke and Ben Adelsbury both shooting wide, while a Brett free-kick was headed on by Arran Pugh before being deflected for a Brett corner, which Aaron Bentley headed wide.
A great save by Nick Hutchings then denied Cooke what would have been a deserved winner five minutes from time, but the crucial goal just would not come.
It was a good all round performance by City who looked like a real team and one that is going to be difficult to beat.
They will now hope to maintain their good form at Winchester City on Saturday in the Emirates FA Cup.

CITY: McHale; Bentley, Pugh (capt), Smith, Richards; Cooke, Adelsbury, Knowles, Brett, Thompson (Afful 81), Neal.
Subs (not used): White, Fallon, Allen, Basso.
Yellow card: Knowles (41), Neal (57).
POOLE TOWN: Hutchings; Lindsay, Spetch, Walker, Whisken (capt), Gleeson, Burbidge, Devlin, Sunridge (Wort 63), Roberts (Gillespie 88), Baggie (Granger 66).
Subs (not used): Rees, Case.
Referee: Adam Ricketts.
Crowd: 302.

Read more at http://www.westbriton.co.uk/truro-city-v-poole-town-match-report/story-29712813-detail/story.html#ZHikyC7xMgqdxLPS.99

No comments:

Post a Comment