22 August 2016

Hampton & Richmond 2 Truro City 2

Truro City looked on course for a second successive National League South win on the road when they led 2-0 at half time in Middlesex.
An early goal from Rocky Neal, his second in three matches, and one right on half time by Niall Thomson had seemingly put the visitors seemingly in command, with the home side missing an early penalty when Nicke Kabamba shot wide.
But for the second time this season, City let slip a 2-0 lead and in the end had to to settle for a hard earned point, which took their season's tally to five in as many games and leaves them 15th in the table.

The home side, who are now second, came back strongly after the break, with Jamal Lowe pulling one back with 20 minutes to go and Brendan Kiernan making it 2-2 with 13 minutes left.
City though managed to hold onto a battling point.
And City boss Lee Hodges said they had been up against by far the best team they had met this season.
"They moved the ball quickly and it was difficult," he said.
Happy with a point - City's Lee Hodges
"They have been use to winning week in and week out and that breeds confidence. I think in the end it was a good point.
"It was a tough second half and we found it difficult to get out and once they scored it lifted them,
"But the boys showed great character and in the end it was a good point."
It took City just seven minutes to take their lead with their first real attack as Neal controlled a pass from Cody Cooke and did superbly to turn and score from just inside the area, yet again showing what an asset he should be to City this season.
Three minutes later Cooke was adjudged to have brought down Harold Odametey as he cut in but Nicki Kabamba's poor spot kick missed the target, though Adrian Basso would probably have saved it even if it was on target.
City then to do plenty of defending, before doubling their lead just before the break with Thomson rewarded for a great run to finish well from Neal's pass.
After the break the home side piled on the pressure and with 20 minutes left Lowe gave Basso no chance with a cool finish to get the home side right back into the match.
And then Kiernan set up a frantic finale when he levelled the scores after Basso had blocked a shot from Kabamba.
The Brazilian keeper then had to go off with a hamstring twinge, but Tom McHale was a more than able replacement as City dug deep for a welcome point.
Manager Lee Hodges had made two changes for the game, with loan signing Jack Smith making his first start in defence in place of Arran Bentley, with Rory Fallon fit to take his place up front with Jack Crago dropping to the bench.
River Allen (back) and Les Afful (groin) were both missing.
And Hodges said Smith had a superb debut.
"He threw his body on the line and had a great game." he said
CITY: Basso; White, Pugh, Smith, Richards, Adelsbury, Cooke, Brett,Thomson, Fallon, Neal. Subs: Bentley, Knowles, Crago, Williams, McHale.


No comments:

Post a Comment