01 April 2018

Truro City 3 Hemel Hempstead 3

Match Highlights Here: http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-2850826

THE WHITE Tigers came from behind three times to share the spoils with Hemel Hempstead Town in an entertaining Good Friday clash at Treyew Road.
It was a purposeful start to the proceedings for The White Tigers as a teasing cross from Niall Thompson was dealt with by the ‘keeper, whilst at the other end, a free-kick from Parkes failed to trouble Tom McHale too much.
As the visitors started to get into their stride, a slip by Ed Palmer almost let in Sanchez-Watt but his cross into the danger zone was gathered by an alert McHale.
The deadlock was eventually broken on the quarter-hour mark when a ball in from the left by Oliyide found its way beyond the reach of McHale as Moyo made his presence felt.
With the bit between their teeth, our opponents pushed for an instant second as we were forced to defend in numbers to clear the danger.
Despite finding ourselves under increasing pressure, we managed to find a leveller when the ball broke loose just inside the area and loan man, Tom Owen-Evans, was on hand to guide the ball home with his left foot.
As you would expect from a game involving two teams so close together in the table, it was proving to be an end-to-end affair as Owen-Evans went close for The White Tigers before shortly afterwards at the other end, Jamie Richards did well to deny the lively Oliyide.
It was developing into an entertaining encounter as the opening period went on. The visitors managed to regain the lead seven minutes from the break when Moyo was on hand to head the ball home to make it 2-1 following a free-kick from Parkes.
With half-time approaching we grabbed another equaliser when Owen-Evans did well to carve out a chance for Jordan Copp who made no mistake as he slotted home as both teams went in at the break on level terms.
There was a cagey opening to the second half. A free-kick from Connor Riley-Lowe crept just wide of the target as we looked to get our noses in front for the first time in the game.
We fell behind for the third time in the afternoon on 65 minutes when Oliyide found the net at the second attempt after McHale saved his initial effort to make it 3-2.
As the clock ticked down we pressed for the leveller but also had to be wary of the threat of our opponents on the break.
A late corner from Riley-Lowe caused all kinds of problems inside the opposition area and as the ball was only half-cleared, a strike from the edge of the area flew just over.
There was drama in stoppage time when Tyler Harvey found himself in the right place at the right time to guide the ball home and break Hemel Hempstead hearts to make it 3-3!
It was a fitting end to what had been an enthralling contest as both sides shared the spoils.
WHITE TIGERS: McHale, Thompson, Riley-Lowe, Palmer (Neal), Gerring, Richards, Lamont (Keats), Copp (Harvey), Owen-Evans, Cooke, Harding. Subs: Hartridge, Palfrey.
GOAL(S): Owen-Evans, Copp, Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment