22 January 2018

Whitehawk 3 Truro City 2

See Video Highlights Here: http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-2850718

Despite being adrift at the bottom of the table, our hosts went into the game unbeaten in three games since the turn of the year and they started the game with purpose as Marsh-Brown forced an early corner before a neat move ended with Omotayo’s effort being deflected over by Benyon.
It was developing into an evenly-matched affair as the half went on with chances at a premium at either end.
There was a booking for Chris Todd, who was back in the heart of the back-line, for a foul on Benyon as our hosts looked to launch a raid.
The home side took the lead on 21 minutes when the lively Marsh-Brown managed to get in an inviting cross to find Omotayo who in turn teed up Lyons-Foster and he fired home to make it 1-0.
The lead lasted barely five minutes before we were back on level terms when Aaron Lamont launched an attack and as the ball came back to him, he spotted the run of Cody Cooke who broke through before slotting home.
We started to up the tempo in the wake of the equaliser and on 28 minutes, Keats was unlucky to see his strike crash against the woodwork.
There was a good chance at the other end when Omotayo found space inside the area but he flashed his low strike across the face of goal and inches wide of the target.
The White Tigers took the lead when Tyler Harvey put the ball into the danger zone after some good work by Connor Riley-Lowe and following a melee, Ben Harding was on hand to guide the ball home with the ‘keeper on the floor.
Moments after the goal, Benyon went close for the hosts when his effort was deflected just over, whilst at the other end, a breakaway ended with Harvey seeing his attempt pushed out by the ‘keeper.
The early action of the second period saw Ed Palmer go into the book after he halted the progress of Benyon and from the resulting free-kick, Omotayo went close.
There was a chance for Cooke at the other end after he linked up with Harvey but he lifted the ball over the ‘keeper and just wide.
Our hosts were able to get back onto level terms when Benyon won a corner which was delivered invitingly into the danger zone where Omotayo went up for the header with Harding and the ball looped over Tom McHale and into the net to make it 2-2.
There was a chance for The White Tigers when Keates linked up with Cooke whose ball across the face of goal just evaded the reach of Harvey.
The home side regained the lead when Lamont brought Marsh-Brown down inside the area and was duly booked. From the resulting spot-kick, Omotayo saw his effort saved by Tom McHale but he was alert to guide the rebound home to put his side back in front.
A positive run from Lyons-Foster ended him with dragging his effort wide as The White Tigers struggled to regain a hold in the game as the clock ticked down.
As we approached added time at the end, McHale did well to deny Pinney before a goalmouth scramble right at the death saw the home side clear their lines to secure a first home win of the season as their impressive form continues.

WHITE TIGERS: McHale, Thompson, Riley-Lowe, Palmer, Todd (Yetton), Richards, Lamont, Keats (Neal), Harvey, Cooke, Harding. Subs not used: Palfrey, Copp.
BOOKING(S): Todd, Palmer, Lamont
GOAL(S): Cooke, Harding


No comments:

Post a Comment