25 September 2017

East Thurrock United 1 Truro City 2

Video Highlights Here: http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-2850547

THE WHITE Tigers ended East Thurrock United's unbeaten start to the season and in doing so roared to the top of the Vanarama National League South table with a 2-1 victory at Rookery Hill.
We started the game well and saw plenty of the early ball, although we were restricted to few real opportunities by our hosts.
After Tyler Harvey had fired over from distance, a cross-come-shot from Aaron Lamont almost caught the home 'keeper out as it shaved the post.
The deadlock was finally broken on 21 minutes when saw sloppy defensive play by the home team presented Harvey with a chance but as the 'keeper recovered to block his effort, Noah Keats was on hand to tuck home the loose ball.
There was a definite edge creeping into the game as the opening period went on with both team showing passion, which spilled over into a melee that resulted in Ed Palmer receiving his marching orders.
With a man advantage, the hosts pushed for a leveller and they went close when Simon Peddie set up Lewis Smith who saw his strike deflected inches wide.
East Thurrock took this momentum into the start of the second half and Femi Akinwande was soon denied by Tom McHale as we had to withstand some pressed.
Our resistance was finally broken just after the hour-mark when Sam Higgins played in Smith who made it 1-1 with a neat finish.
Boosted by the goal, the home side continued to look the most likely side and had a penalty appeal waved away when the lively Smith was brought down.
Peddie went close as the clock ticked down but it was to be City who got the winning goal with two minutes left on the clock as substitute, River Allen, was sent crashing inside the area and the referee pointed to the spot.
Connor Riley-Lowe kept a cool head to step up and fire home to give us our SEVENTH straight victory... outstanding stuff and a real credit to all involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment