26 October 2015

Truro City 2 Gosport Borough 2

CITY will be disappointed they did not take all three points after twice taking the lead and finishing the much stronger side.
But the draw - City's sixth of the season but their first at home - did extend their unbeaten National League South run to seven games since that 6-0 defeat against Oxford City at the end of August
Fielding an unchanged team, City got off to a flying start taking an eighth minute lead, as Jamie Richards headed home a left wing corner from Aaron Dawson at the far post, with the ball going in off the underside of the bar.

The Hampshire side though looked dangerous going forward, but their equaliser eight minutes later was avoidable, as referee Lee Venamore awarded the visitors a penalty after City full-back Pierce Mitchell pushed Rowan Vine as they went up for a cross which was too high in any case for both of them.
Up stepped top scorer Justin Bennett, who gave Tom McHale no chance with his 18th goal of the season to make it 1-1.
But almost immediately Cty were given a gift goal of their own when Gosport keeper Nathan Ashmore horribly missed his attempted clearance, allowing Jamie Reid the easiest of chances to put the ball into the empty net.
Gosport however, continued to pose problems for the City defence, which lived dangerously at times before finally being breached in stoppage time as Vine made it 2-2 with the help of a deflection which wrongfooted McHale.
City then suffered a blow at the start of the second half with Ryan Brett, who had replaced the injured Jake Ash at half time, suffering a suspected broken nose after a clash of heads with City colleague Arran Pugh. This gave Ollie Knowles the chance to come on for his Truro debut.
Promoted by Bisto
It took a while for City to adjust and Gosport looked the more likely winners for a spell,with Bennett and Brett Poate heading over, while Vine sliced an opening wide.
But as the half wore it was City who took control with Reid hitting the woodwork from a free-kick and Dan Green just wide, with a cross shot.
However, they were unable to find a winner for all their late pressure
TRURO CITY: McHale; Mitchell, Pugh, Richards, Riley-Lowe; Ash (Brett h-t) (Knowles 51), Green, Dawson, Cooke, Reid, Duff (Vassell 58). Subs (not used): Wright, Afful.
Yedllow cards: Ash, Mitchell
GOSPORT BOROUGH: Ashmore; Cuthbertson, Williams, Carter (Wort 82), Poate, Woodford, Barker, Ramsey (Wilde 90+2), Vine (Dunford 82), Bennett, Wooden. Subs (not used): Brice, Wheeler.
Yedllow cards: Williams, Woodford,
Goals: Richards (7) 1-0, Bennett (16) 1-1, Reid (18) 2-1, Vine (45+3) 2-2.
Referee: Lee Venamore (Kent FA)
Crowd: 401.

Read more: http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Trur0/story-28046593-detail/story.html#ixzz3pglkhTI6

No comments:

Post a Comment