19 August 2015

Sutton United 2 v Truro City 2

ARRAN Pugh's injury time goal rescued a point for City on a night of drama at Gander Green Lane.
After Saturday's first victory of the Vanarama National League South season against Hayes & Yeading, Steve Tully's men were moments away from a second league defeat before Pugh's intervention in the eighth minute of injury time.
It was the final twist on an incredible night in South London, which saw referee Elliott Kaye hand out seven yellow cards and two red cards.

Sutton were reduced to ten men when Shaun Cooper was sent off in the second half, and City's Isaac Vassell was shown a red card in injury time.
Tully made three changes to the side which beat Hayes, with Pugh, Ryan Brett and Craig Duff coming in for Ed Palmer, Matt Wright and Shane Krac.
And they got off to a disastrous start when Dan Fitchett gave the Us the lead after just 40 seconds.
But City were level on nine minutes. Sutton goalkeeper Ross Worner was penalised for bringing Vassell down in the box and Shane White stepped up to score his second penalty in as many games.
Just before the hour mark, however, the hosts were back in front when Fitchett grabbed his second goal of the game.
Sutton were then reduced to ten men 15 minutes from time when Collins was dismissed following a second yellow card. Kaye booking the player for taking too long to take a free kick.
There was more controversy when Vassell was red carded for diving in the box, though many felt the challenge did warrant a penalty.
But with the game into the eighth minute of injury time, Pugh pounced on an error by Worner to rescue a dramatic point.
Sutton: R Worner, D Spence, D Wishart, D Beckwith, S Cooper (Dundas), J Collins, M Spillane, G Southam, S Fleetwood, D Fitchett (Hippolyte-Patrick), R Stearn (McAllister). Subs (not used): Shaw, Wright.
Goals: Fitchett (1 & 59)
City: M Rice, S White, C Riley-Lowe, J Ash (C Cooke 73), R Farkins, A Pugh, A Dawson, R Brett, C Duff (M Wright 54), I Vassell, D Green (S Krac 73). Subs (not used): T McHale, E Palmer.
Goals: White (9 pen), Pugh (90+8).
Referee: Elliott Kaye.
Attendance: 746.

Read more: http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Football-Pugh-rescues-point-Truro-dramatic-night/story-27627907-detail/story.html#ixzz3jGL3BAWP

No comments:

Post a Comment