22 June 2011

Kevin Heaney admits new stadium is crucial

Source: Blue Square Bet 


Truro City chairman Kevin Heaney says it is crucial for the club's continued development that their proposed stadium be built as soon as possible.
A stadium site at Langarth Farm, near Threemilestone, in Cornwall has been earmarked that could also house the Cornish Pirates rugby club.
After seeing his side promoted to the Blue Square Bet South for next season, their fifth promotion in six years, Heaney says that without a stadium to match their ambitions, the club could go backwards very rapidly.
Heaney, who recently admitted to being part of a consortium vying for Plymouth Argyle told This is Cornwall: "I want us to become a full-time side in a couple of years, but without the stadium that won't happen.
"Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a full-time football team and a rugby side playing in the Premiership? But we need a stadium for that to happen and without it I fear the alternative is Armageddon for both clubs. Everyone is doing all they can to make sure that does not happen."
With regards to his involvement with Argyle, he told This is Plymouth: "They (the unnamed consortium) are talking to a number of developers and approached me to see if I would be interested. They came back to me to say 'would you, on our benefit, talk to the council to find out what the potential is?'.
"I feel proud and privileged to be asked but that's the only capacity I'm here in. I'm a football club chairman, I'm extremely happy and love Truro City."
The paper reports that the businessmen involved want to 'separate the club from its property by buying only the stadium and adjacent land'.
Truro City are currently based at Treyew Road which has a capacity of 3000.

No comments:

Post a Comment