20 February 2012

Some very sad news

Dear All,

I've spoken to a few people and thought long and hard before making this post. I think we all wanted to wait a bit longer out of respect to the persons involved before this subject was mentioned on Tigertalk, but since the news is now circulating on twitter and other media it can't be avoided and I sincerely apologise to anyone who may find this news troubling.
John Salisbury, Bob Fagan and Gillian Alderman at the Welling game in January

Earlier this morning I was contacted by Chris Webb who had been made aware of a report in today's Western Morning News. As the day has unfolded our worst fears have been realised. Unfortunately it appears that three of our fellow Truro City supporters were involved in a serious traffic accident on the way home from Dover on Saturday night.

Many of you who follow Truro City home and away will know Bob and Gillian who rarely if ever miss a match. Sadly Bob and a fellow passenger in their car were injured, I believe (through information kindly supplied by Chris this evening) that Bob has been discharged from hospital in Salisbury. It is with deep regret that I have to report that Gillian lost her life in the accident. I don't wish to elaborate or add any more detail but only to pass on my sincerest condolences to Bob and that our thoughts, sympathy and best wishes are with Bob, Gillian and his friend at this time, I'm sure every Truro fan would join me in doing so.

I understand that Truro City Football Club may wish to release something themselves in due course but I'm sure we all as a community will feel deeply upset at this news.

Mark.
TISA Secretary.

No comments:

Post a Comment