23 June 2011

Kevin Heaney keen to focus on Truro City's future

Source: Thisiscornwall Link: thisiscornwall

Truro City chairman Kevin Heaney has reiterated his 'total commitment' to the club, despite confirmation of his involvement with an Irish consortium who are the preferred bidders for Plymouth Argyle.

The League Two club, who are in administration, issued a statement on Friday revealing that property developer Heaney had been approached to act as a property advisor to the consortium.

Part of the statement read: "Kevin has confirmed that his interest is property related only and that he will have no financial interest in Plymouth Argyle Football Club."

Under football governance rules no individual can have any involvement in the ownership or running of second club.  And Heaney, who had previously denied any connection with an Argyle takeover, confirmed to Briton Sport he would not be involved with the football side of Plymouth Argyle.

He said: "My only focus is Truro City as it has been for the past seven years.
"My only role at Argyle is as an advisor on the property side of the proposed deal. I was approached a couple of months ago asking if I could help and I was delighted to do so.

"I have nothing to hide. There have been a lot of lot lies spread about it all but I am just an advisor and was asked for my opinion.

"I love Truro and the people. We still have a lot to do in the next five years if we are to achieve the dream of making Truro City a professional club.

"We need a new stadium and to ensure the club have a lifetime income rather than rely on one individual.
"My determination to do that has not changed. My involvement at Argyle if everything goes ahead is just on the development side and not with the football side."

City, who play Argyle in a friendly at Home Park on Wednesday July 27, return to pre-season training next Thursday evening ahead of their first season in the Blue Square Bet South.

No comments:

Post a Comment